Putting on weight is a lot easier but losing weight is neither easy nor quick. There are so many people out there trying and making efforts to accomplish that ideal body type but are far away from that. Are you also one of the people struggling to lose weight and are tired of trying? We have some home remedies that can help you shack up few pounds in a natural way.
Home remedies for weight loss entails a change in lifestyle and eating habits. They are the most effective ways to get rid of that flabby skin.
What causes weight gain?
Medication for depression
Home Remedies for Lose Weight Naturally
- Green Tea
Green tea is acknowledged as an antioxidant and an effective herb to reduce weight.
It boosts metabolism as it is a rich resource of caffeine and catechins.
It also prevents the storage of fat in body.
You can have it 2-3 times with a little honey.
- Lemon water with Honey
1. It is known to be a perfect kick start for a day.
2. Lemon honey mixture helps to boost metabolism aiding in weight loss.
3. Honey has some medicinal properties which helps lower the lipid levels in our body whereas lemon is antioxidant which helps in detoxifying the digestive system.
4. It must be taken in the morning with an empty stomach for better results.
- Drink Enough Water
1. Drinking enough water can actually help in weight loss.
2. One can replace it with other beverages with high calories and sugar.
3. According to studies, we must drink 1-2 litres of water every day.
4. Drinking a glass before every meal can help you suppress your appetite and hence less calorie intake.
- Say no to Artificial Sugars
1. If you really want to reduce weight, you have to cut down the sugar intake.
2. Avoid eating ice creams, sweets, processed foods, soft drinks and sugar itself.
3. Imp note: Eating a lot of sugar triggers the blood sugar levels resulting in heart diseases, diabetes and
1.Yes! You heard it right. Garlic is actually a home remedy for weight loss at home.
2. Garlic has anti-obesity and antiseptic properties which helps to reduce extra fat.
3. It also boosts your body’s thermogenesis.
4. You can add 2-3 cloves in your diet and can also chew it raw.
Tip: don’t forget to brush your teeth after having it.
1. It is easily available in every kitchen.
2. Yogurt is encumbered with probiotics (a good bacteria) which aid in losing and maintaining weight.
3. You can have a bowl of low-fat yogurt with each meal for weight loss. Stock up with veggies and fruits.
4. Fruits and vegetables are rich source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids and fibres.
5. Taking fruit smoothies for breakfast restores metabolic balance and prevents food cravings
throughout the day.
6. Tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, carrots and corn are some of the most common vegetables that can be safely consumed in their uncooked state.
7. Vegetables salad is also a good choice to add in your diet to maintain weight loss.
8. Fruits and raw vegetables help in vital fat breakdown hence easy digestion. It also provides the feeling of fullness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
1. It is an effective home remedy for those who are seeking for weight loss.
2. It contains acetic acid that exhibits anti inflammatory properties which helps in burning excess calories and fat in your body.
3. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water. You can also add a spoonful of honey
4. Drink this mixture twice a day for effective results.
1. Cinnamon is acknowledged as the traditional home remedy to weight loss.
2. It is a regularly used spice across the country in both sweet and savoury dishes.
3. Cinnamon triggers certain metabolic activities in our body which helps to lose weight.
4. The spice has core properties that restrict the sugar-cravings and also helps control the insulin level in the blood.
5. To make cinnamon tea, add cinnamon powder to a cup of lukewarm water. Then add juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey.
6. Drink this tea in the early morning with an empty
1. Ginger is found in kitchen very commonly and have a significant role in weight loss and management.
2. It shows enhanced thermogenesis and promotes the feeling of satisfaction and reduced hunger.
3. You can drink a cup of ginger tea before meals.
4. To make ginger tea, add a teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of warm water. Boil it for few minutes and strain the ginger. Add a tablespoon of honey.
- Aloe vera
1. The properties of aloe vera make it one of the most beneficial and essential home remedies for health care.
2. It reduces inflammation and helps in proper digestion which aids in weight loss.
3. Consume a cup of unsweetened aloe vera juice daily to reduce body weight.
- Coconut Oil
1. Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids called triglycerides, which boosts metabolism and help in getting rid of belly fat effectively.
2. Coconut oil contain fats which are accumulated differently than other fats in the body.
3. Consume virgin coconut oil 2-3 times a day.
4. You can add coconut oil as a seasoning to flavour your salads.
5. You can simply replace it with some other fat sources.
- Get Enough Sleep
1. You may be surprised but getting enough sleep is unbelievably important in the journey of weight loss.
2. Sleep controls the body’s functions and aids in the proper digestion.
3. It also helps to maintain the normal metabolic rate of the body.
4. Studies have shown that sleep deprived people are more likely to gain weight easily. This is because of the poor appetite regulation.
5. It is recommended to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
1. Intermittent fasting is actually a method which makes you eat less calories.
2. It is simply an eating pattern which includes 5:2 diet or the fast diet and 16:8 method.
(Note: It’s called the 5:2 diet because five days of the week are normal eating days, while the other two
restrict calories to 500–600 per day.)
3. Fasting have several outstanding health benefits, including weight loss, abridged insulin resistance and reduced inflammation.
4. It may also improve blood lipids.
So, these were the home remedies for reducing weight naturally at home. Apart from the home remedies, physical activities are also essential for maintaining weight. A little change in lifestyle can lead you to a fit and healthy life.