Did you guys heard of crocin tablets?? Well, I think you have. If not, no problem.
This article features everything you need to know about crocin tablets.
Let’s start with
Crocin Advance Tablet is a medicine used to release pain and reduce fever. It is also used to treat many conditions such as headache, body aches, toothache and common cold.
This product contains paracetamol.
Each tablet contains:
Paracetamol I.P. 500 mg
Analgesic and Antipyretic
Do not take it along with other medicines which also contain paracetamol.
Paracetamol is an ingredient in many drugs to treat pain, cold and flu symptoms and sleeping drugs.
The possibility of getting side effects with crocin advance is mostly erratic, but sometimes you may experience skin rash or itching.
If you experience any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine, see the doctor as soon as possible
It is highly used for fever treatment and to relief pain.
- Fever treatment:
- Crocin Advance Tablet is used to reduce a high temperature (fever).
- It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that causes fever.
- It can be prescribed alone or in combination with any other medicine. You should take it from time to time as recommended by your doctor.
2. Pain relief: It can be used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain including:
- Muscle pain
- Joint Pain
- Body pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Post operational pains
Dosage of Crocin tablet
For children: 10-15 mg per 4 to 6 hours
For adults: 325 to 650 mg every 4 to 6 hours
Max. dose per day: 4 grams
- Since this medicine is directed if needed, the chances to miss a dose are low.
- If you are on a prescribed dosage routine of this medicine, a missed dose should be taken as soon as possible.
- You can skip a missed dose if it is the time for the next prescription.
- Do not take 2 tablets at same time just to make for the missed one.
- Seek for an emergency medical help or contact your doctor as soon as possible if there is an overdose risk with this medicine.
How to take medicine: General instructions
- Crocin Tablet is mainly used to treat headaches, dental pain and arthritis.
- If the drug is taken daily, the missed dose should be taken as much as possible.
- Take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Take your medicine within the recommended dosage limit.
Side effects of crocin advance tablets
Some of the side effects of tablet are as follows:
- Vomiting or Nausea
- Allergic Reaction on Skin
- Gastric or Mouth Ulcer
- Anaemia (unusual bleeding or bruising)
- Liver Damage
- Shortness of breathing
All medications interact differently from person to person. You should check all possible interactions with your doctor before starting any medications.
Interaction with Alcohol
Drinking alcohol with this medicine has antagonistic effects on the liver. You should avoid it.
Serious side effects:
- Severe gastrointestinal bleeding
- Joint pain
Interaction with Medicine
Medicines mentioned below should not be taken with crocin advance tablet.
Sodium Nitrite- severe
This medicine should be used with extreme caution; specially with the patients having a chronic alcohol problem. (Due to the increased risk of liver damage).
- Overdose of this medicine may cause liver damage.
- Give emergency medical attention if overdose of this medicine is suspected.
- Liver Disease and malnutrition
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from active liver diseases and malnourishment due to the increased risk of severe after effects.
- Close monitoring of liver function is necessary when receiving this medicine.
- Proper dose change may be required with the appropriate option in some cases depending on the clinical condition.
3. Special case
This drug is not recommended for pregnant women unless necessary and potential benefits outweigh the risks involved.
This medicine is not known to cause any harm to the foetus, but you should use it only after consulting a doctor.
According to doctors, this medicine is safe to use during breastfeeding.
However, you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
While taking this medicine it is important to monitor the new born for any unwanted side effects like diarrhoea.
Substitutes for Crocin Tablet:
Drugs with the same composition and function can be used as an alternative to crocin 650.
Some of the substitutes are:
- Dolo 650 Tablet
- Combiflam Tablet
- Parafast 500 MG Tablet
- Temfix 500 MG Tablet
- Calpol 500 MG Tablet
- Welset 500 MG Tablet
- Pacimol 500 MG Tablet
Medicine has to be taken with proper consciousness and awareness. One should self aware himself about medicine compliance.
You can also have multivitamins for your health benefits to avoid deficiency of one.